Ninth International Conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds
The Ninth International Conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds will be held May 19-22, 2014, in Monterey, California. Like the previous conferences in this series, it is presented and organized by Battelle. Sponsors include other leading organizations active in site remediation research and application. Attendance is expected to be 1,500 to 1,700 scientists, engineers, regulators, and other environmental professionals representing universities, government site management and regulatory agencies, and R&D and manufacturing firms from more than 30 countries.
Sunday, May 18
Monday-Thursday, May 19-22
- Plenary Session: “Current and Future International Environmental Challenges.” Three featured speakers will discuss their experiences with ongoing, high-visibility projects: environmental challenges posed by the Fukushima Daiichi site and environmental restoration at hydrocarbon-contaminated sites.
- 950 platform talks and poster presentations scheduled in 68 specialized sessions
- 6 panel discussions on key topics
- 78 exhibitors
- Student workshops and mixer
- 4 short courses on Wednesday
- Multiple informal networking opportunities: daily continental breakfasts, morning and afternoon breaks, two lunches and refreshments during the three poster sessions.
See Program at a Glance (PDF) and Presentations (PDF) for details on the Plenary Session, breakout sessions, and panels. The Program Committee and the session chairs performed an extensive, multilevel review of the 1,050 abstracts submitted in response to the Call for Abstracts.
To develop the technical program, the Program Committee and the session chairs performed an extensive, multilevel review of the 1,050 abstracts submitted in response to the Call for Abstracts. See Program at a Glance (PDF) for information about the schedule for the Plenary Session, breakout sessions, and panels. Presentations (PDF) provides the title, authors, and scheduled speaker for each presentation and the scope and panelists for each panel.
Make your plans soon to attend the Conference. Register early to take advantage of reduced rates on Conference
and short course attendance. Make your hotel reservation at either of the headquarters hotels, the Monterey Marriott or the Portola Hotel & Spa.