Tenth International Conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds
The Tenth International Conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds will be held May 23-26, 2016, in Monterey, California. Like the previous conferences in this series, it will be organized and presented by Battelle. Sponsors will include other leading organizations active in site remediation research and application.
The Chlorinated Conference is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive meetings on the application of innovative and existing technologies and approaches for characterization, monitoring and management of chlorinated and complex sites. The 2014 Conference was attended by 1,650 environmental professionals from 28 countries. Nearly 900 platform talks and posters were presented in 68 breakout sessions, and six panels were conducted.
The program for 2016 will address the following major thematic areas:
- Management and Restoration of Complex Sites
- Refining the Conceptual Site Model–When Is It Enough?
- Advanced Diagnostic Tools and Strategies
- Emerging and Persistent Issues
- Vapor Intrusion
- Munitions Response and Site Management
- Adopting and Applying Risk-Based Approaches
- Combining Remedies to Achieve Remedial Action Objectives
- Lessons Learned from Source Zone Remediation
- Remediation of Bedrock and Fractured Media
- Remediation Technology Innovations
- Advances in In Situ Amendment Formulations
- Amendment Delivery–Lessons Learned and Innovative Approaches
- Management Strategies–Successes and Lessons Learned
- Technology Development, Transfer, and Regulatory Acceptance
The Call for Abstracts brochure will be available here in May 2015. Abstracts and short course proposals will be due in September 2015.
Information about the 2016 Conference will be added to this website as planning continues. Inquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call 1.614.424.7866.