All use of Battelle's Web site is subject to the terms and conditions listed below. Any use of the Web site constitutes the user's agreement to abide by these terms and conditions.
BATTELLE MEMORIAL INSTITUTE AND ITS AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND EMPLOYEES (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS BATTELLE) DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN REGARD TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, DATA, APPARATUS, PRODUCT OR PROCESS (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS INFORMATION) DISCLOSED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. FURTHER, BATTELLE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF, ATTEMPTED USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE.
This system is monitored to assure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security features, and for other business-related purposes. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features of this system or to use this system or the Information contained on or available through this system in an unlawful or inappropriate manner may result in civil liability and/or criminal prosecution.
Links to Other Sites
Battelle is committed to using all reasonable efforts to abide by the following Policy statement:
- Collection. Personally-identifiable information will be collected only to the extent that Battelle deems reasonably necessary to serve a legitimate business purpose.
- Notification. Visitors will be notified (usually at the point where personally-identifiable information is collected) about how Battelle may use the personally-identifiable information that is collected from them.
- Sensitive Data. The collection, storage and use of sensitive data carries special obligations and responsibilities in order to maintain the data's security, integrity and privacy. Sensitive data will not be rented or made available for external distribution outside Battelle or any of its affiliated or subsidiary operations, as applicable.
Information Battelle Collects Automatically from You
Battelle collects no personally-identifiable information about you when you visit our Web site unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, we do collect and store certain other information automatically that does not identify you personally. We automatically collect:
- the Internet domain. For example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you access the Internet (e.g., 123.456.789.012), whether it is yours individually or provided as a proxy by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) through which you access our Web site
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our Web site
- the date and time you access our Web site
- the pages on our Web site that you access
- the address of a referring Web site (if you linked to our site from another Web site)
We use this information in the form of summary statistics to help us make our Web site more useful to our clients and visitors, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest, and for other purposes such as determining the Web site's design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
This information is NOT shared with anyone except Battelle and its affiliated and subsidiary operations, as applicable.
Sending Battelle Personal or Confidential Information
If you choose to provide Battelle with personally-identifiable information--by sending us an e-mail message or by filling out an online form and submitting it to us through our Web site--please be aware that we may use the information to improve our service to you, respond to your request, or send you relevant marketing information. Your message could be saved in an electronic database or forwarded, in print or as e-mail, to others within Battelle or its affiliated and subsidiary operations who may be better able to help you. Except as required by law, we do not share our e-mail with outside organizations.
Please note that e-mail is not secure from interception, so senders cannot expect privacy. This also applies to sending online forms, unless the form is secure. If you would rather not submit information via email, you may wish to send it by traditional mail or courier instead to the following address:
Battelle Memorial Institute
505 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43201-2693
You may also call the Battelle Hotline at 614-424-6424 and ask to be referred to someone in Battelle who may be able to answer your questions and provide you with instructions on how to submit your information.
Battelle is committed to protecting your privacy and to disclosing relevant IRS tax forms. Consistent with IRS Guidelines, Battelle's Forms 990 and 990-T, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return, are available 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Policy on Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) in Public Health Service (PHS) Funded Research
This Policy implements Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) disclosure requirements found in 42 CFR Part 50 (grants and cooperative agreements) and 45 CFR Part 94 (contracts) which are applicable to Research funded by the U.S. Public Health Service. As a condition for receiving PHS funding, these regulations require Battelle to maintain an appropriate written policy on financial conflict of interest disclosure. These requirements are applicable to all Research projects for which Battelle submits a proposal to or receives Research funding from PHS. Each Investigator, as defined in the Policy, that is planning to participate in, or is participating in such Research, must follow this process and complete the required training. Subcontractors/consultants who perform services within the definition of an Investigator must maintain a policy that complies with the aforementioned regulatory requirements or comply with this Policy. Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to Battelle's Institutional Official.
Consistent with these requirements, Battelle’s Policy, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Disclosure Form Template, Training Requirements, and required FCOI Disclosures are available. The FCOI Disclosure information is current as of Aug. 24, 2012 and is subject to updates at least annually as well as within 60 days of Battelle’s identification of a new Financial Conflict of Interest.
Questions and Comments?
If you have questions regarding privacy or disclosures, please contact Battelle.