Battelle Joint Industry Program
A synergistic approach to technical advancement.
Launched in 2001, Battelle’s Joint Industry Program (JIP) is a member-driven, Battelle-managed alliance of industrial companies working collaboratively to improve products’ fatigue-life predictability – and, in the process, to:
- Minimize in-service failures and warranty claims
- Optimize designs
- Further enhance Battelle Verity methodology and software
JIP meets semi-annually to track progress, share experiences, discuss potential research topics and approve both operating budget and detailed technical scope; one of these meetings is usually in Columbus, OH, while the second is arranged by a member volunteer host.
Contact us today for more information.
The Benefits of a JIP Membership
JIP membership offers significant benefits to organizations in the public and private sector alike, including academic institutions – any group, in fact, charged with assessing the fatigue-life of welded structures. It gives you access to:
- New Battelle Verity versions, updates and refinements, often incorporating the latest JIP recommendations
- The JIP database, which documents 5,000+ Battelle Verity fatigue tests
- The annual JIP technical report documenting the year’s developments
- Technical support for company-specific implementation, including up to 10 hours annually of proprietary assistance with weld-fatigue analysis issues
- Annual training for up to five people at no additional cost