Health and Safety
The COVID-19 pandemic is evolving daily. Battelle is committed to producing an onsite event that will be protective of human health and comply with venue and state safety guidelines that may be in place at the time of the event. Recommendations and requirements may change at any time based on the current state of the pandemic at the time of the event. Any updates or changes to the protocols outlined below will be posted on this page and included in email updates sent to registered participants and Exhibitors.
Thoughts, feelings, and opinions about COVID-19 may differ widely from person to person. Please remember that those differences are never a reason, or an excuse, to treat anyone disrespectfully.
The past year has been hard both personally and professionally for many people. Let’s be kind and understanding and do our best to get back to solving some of the problems that haven’t gone away since we saw each other last. Let’s learn, network, and leave this event feeling hopeful about what we are about to solve next and excited about what we have to look forward to in the future.
With that being said, we do have a few recommendations that will hopefully make this event a more comfortable and safer onsite experience for everyone.
If, at any time while in attendance at the Conference,
you begin to feel sick, please do not attend.
Pre-Meeting Recommendations (72-hours in advance of arrival)
- Test—purchase and take a COVID rapid-test. If positive and already registered, please contact the Conference Office (email@example.com).
- Daily Self-Monitoring and Wellness Check—begin conducting a daily wellness check, including taking your temperature and self-monitoring for other symptoms.
- Test—it may be prudent to bring a COVID rapid-test with you in case you begin to feel sick while onsite so you may test as soon as possible. If you experience a positive test at any time while onsite, please contact the Conference Office immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Daily Self-Monitoring and Wellness Check—continue conducting a daily wellness check each morning before coming to the Conference, including taking your temperature, if possible, and self-monitoring for other symptoms. If you feel sick, please do not attend the Conference.
- Extended Registration Hours—the Registration Desk will offer extended hours on Monday, January 24, to help reduce wait times in Registration queues.
- Frequent Handwashing/Sanitation—guest sanitation stations will be available throughout the Omni. At least one sanitation station will be available per meeting room and pre-function space.
- Masks—masks are highly recommended at all times while participating in all Conference activities unless eating, drinking, or presenting your platform presentation, unless you are medically unable to wear a mask. Please bring your own preferred mask(s); masks will not be provided at the Conference.
- Color-Coded Lanyards—a color-coding system for your contact preference level will be available by your choice of the following badge lanyard onsite.
RED—Please respect my 6 ft. distance and no physical contact preference whenever possible. Please leave two to three seats between us when seated in session rooms wherever possible.
YELLOW—Please respect my 3 ft. distance and minimal physical contact preference whenever possible. Please leave one to two seats between us when seated in session rooms wherever possible.
GREEN—I am comfortable with less than 3 ft. distance between myself and other people. I am open to handshakes, elbow bumps, high-fives, etc.
Post-Meeting Recommendations (up to 10 days after the meeting)
- Daily Self-Monitoring and Wellness Check—continue conducting a daily wellness check including taking your temperature, if possible, and self-monitoring for other symptoms.
- Test—if you begin exhibiting any COVID symptoms, please have a COVID test taken. If you test positive, please contact the Conference Office (email@example.com).
Nashville (Metro Health Department) COVID Testing Sites
The closest drive-thru COVID Testing site to the OMNI Nashville is located at 350 28th Ave. North. Free PCR COVID tests are offered and no appointment is needed. Drive-thru hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. It is recommended that you give 48 hours to obtain test results but turn-around time is not guaranteed. Additional information can be found here: https://www.asafenashville.org/
Additional testing resources can be found here: https://covid19.tn.gov/testing-sites/
OMNI Nashville Safe & Clean Onsite Protocols
The Omni Safe & Clean initiative follows the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and each individual Omni location will adhere to local and/or federal mandates. Frequent sanitation of all common areas will be conducted.
Hotel associates conduct daily health screening, including temperature checks. We have requested that hotel banquet staff wear masks during group functions/food service in the hotel meeting space during the Conference.