Battelle is putting data to work with advanced analytical capabilities that support innovative technologies and better program and policy decisions. We bring together more than 120 statisticians, data scientists, mathematicians, computer scientists, data managers and database and applications developers with hundreds of subject matter experts to develop specialized Smart City applications, from transportation technologies to energy infrastructure.
- Machine learning
- Predictive analytics
- Natural language processing
- Application and database development
- Knowledge management
- High-performance computing
A smarter city is a healthier city. Battelle is on the front lines of healthcare quality improvement and monitoring. We work with agencies such as the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA), along with hospitals and healthcare providers, to provide objective and meaningful information to drive improvements in healthcare quality.
Pollution, climate change, extreme weather events and other environmental stressors put vulnerable populations at risk. Our Environmental Health team helps cities understand, monitor and respond to these risks and build resilience for urban communities.
- Risk assessment and management
- Toxic chemical characterization and assessment
- Data visualization for environmental health applications
- Satellite and ground-based monitoring and data analysis
- Emergency management and public health preparedness and response
Medical Device Development
Connected medical devices are making healthcare smarter and more accessible. Battelle is operating at the leading edge of connected device development, from smart drug delivery devices to innovative mHealth apps. Our multidisciplinary, cross-industry teams advance innovation by integrating world-class expertise across a wide range of science and engineering disciplines. We can design, rapid prototype, test and develop medical products that keep patients, care providers and clinicians connected for better healthcare outcomes.
Intelligent Transportation Systems
In the Smart City, vehicles, infrastructure, public transit and people all work together as part of a connected transportation system that improves both mobility and safety. Battelle develops, tests and validates technologies that improve traffic flow, increase driver and pedestrian safety, and enable more efficient public transit systems.
- Connected Vehicle technologies and applications, including Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) technologies
- Rail safety and automation, including Positive Train Control (PTC) and Communication-Based Train Control (CBTC)
- Safety applications for transit vehicles and pedestrians
- Advanced mobility strategies and planning
- Development of new mobility technologies and systems