Our Human Centric Design Team
We consider ourselves fortunate to have some of the brightest and most creative minds walking our hallways and working in our labs.
About JessicaJessica Sanford is a Research Scientist with more than 25 years of experience in providing scientific and technical support to clients in government and private sectors. Her background is in quantitative psychology and the observation, measurement and analysis of human behavior.
While in graduate school, Jessica’s focus was on human factors, cognitive engineering, mental workload assessment, expert decision making, risky decision making and decision analysis, and her Master’s thesis and Doctoral dissertation reflect these interests
During her career, Jessica has applied her interest and expertise in evaluating the interplay between humans and the built world in the diverse areas of human health exposure and risk assessment, environmental monitoring, pollution prevention, toxicology, epidemiology, quality assurance and quality control, lead-based paint exposure assessment, program evaluation and regulatory support, transportation safety and cost-benefit analyses, market and user evaluations, and human factors assessments.
Jessica is a highly organized, detail-oriented task leader with experience in experimental design, survey development and implementation, data management, qualitative and quantitative analysis, literature searches and reviews, technology and market assessments, data extraction techniques, stakeholder interaction, usability studies, and technical writing and editing through her involvement in a wide variety of education, government and commercial research projects.
She excels in creating training materials as well as leading training sessions. She provides 508 compliance checks of all document across various platforms and numerous projects.
Certifications & Specialized Training
- ArcGIS II: Tools and Functionality
- Bloodborne Pathogens - Battelle
- Geographic Information Systems - Ohio State University College of Public Health
- Hazard Communication - Battelle
- Human Subjects Researcher - Battelle
- Introduction to ArcGIS I
- Lab Waste Handling - Battelle
- Personal Protective Equipment - Battelle
- Public Health Service Conflict of Interest - Battelle
- B.S. - Psychology - The Ohio State University
- M.A. - Psychology - The Ohio State University
- Ph.D. - Quantitative Psychology - The Ohio State University