PFAS Assessment and Mitigation
The Environmental Challenge of a Generation
- Source tracking for PFAS
- Rapid tests to determine PFAS presence
- Analytical methods for new and emerging compounds
- Optimized total oxidizable precursor assay
- Groundwater PFAS transport simulator
- Passive sampling in aquatic systems
- Ambient air monitoring for PFAS
- Complete PFAS destruction
- Removing PFAS from GAC
- Review of state and federal public health policies
- Investigations of pathways and biomarkers for exposure measurements
- In vivo and in vitro studies to investigate the impact of different compounds and concentrations
- Long-range, geographically focused and demographical studies on populations
Our Products and Services
PFAS PREDICT™ Groundwater Fate & Transport Modeling
- PFAS Assessment and Mitigation
- Advanced Materials
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biological Chemistry
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Ecological Risk Assessment
- Environmental Toxicology
- Forensic Chemistry and Biology
Kavitha Dasu, Ph.D.ChemistKavitha leads innovative analytical research in per and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) to solve highly complex environmental problems, including new method development efforts.
Eliza Kaltenberg, Ph.D.ChemistEliza specializes in environmental assessment, the use and development of passive sampling methods, contaminant partitioning and bioavailability, development of methods for measuring sediment-water-benthos interactions, and nutrient retention in sediments.
Steve RosanskyChemical EngineerSteve has more than 25 years of experience managing and conducting environmental restoration projects with an emphasis on innovative technologies for cost-effective remediation of sediment, soil and groundwater.
Ryan James, Ph.D.Senior Research Scientist
Ryan has a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, which he has applied to various studies on drinking water system decontamination research, drinking water treatment, technology testing, field sampling, analytical methods development and lab analysis of environmental and biological samples.
Amy DindalPFAS Program ManagerResponsible for coordinating and overseeing Battelle enterprise-capabilities in PFAS including laboratory analyses, site characterization, contaminant remediation, and health risk management/communication that delivers value-added, tailored environmental restoration solutions.