Therapeutics, Prophylaxis and Diagnostics
Reducing Risk and Saving Lives
Our containment laboratories conduct secure, state-of-the-art research, development, testing, and evaluation using both highly toxic chemicals and highly pathogenic biological agents for a wide range of government agencies and private sector companies.
Battelle has experience in virtually every facet of medical CBRNE development work. We offer:
- The quick initial exploratory work needed for analyzing new threats and rapidly evaluating the efficacy of existing prophylaxis (e.g., vaccines) and treatments against those threats.
- In-depth product development work, including conducting natural history studies to identify the best approach to evaluate compound efficacy.
- Risk modeling to help users make the right decisions in any circumstance.
In Vitro Techniques
Disease Response Training
Battelle also works with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and USG partners around the world to reduce CBRNE threats that destabilize countries. We have built in-country response capacity and developed laboratory networks in countries such as Afghanistan, Armenia, Georgia, Uganda, Tanzania, Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam to strengthen biosurveillance systems. We’ve reduced health risks within and across borders of developing countries by establishing central reference laboratories and training staff in human and animal disease response.
Our disease response training includes:
- Recognition of disease
- Clinician and veterinarian reporting
- Notification and activation of district, regional and national networks of public health centers and laboratories
- Diagnostics, biosafety, surveillance and outbreak investigation
- Basic and applied infectious disease research
Battelle applies focused planning, research and expertise to fortify our infrastructure by rapidly developing testing kits, innovative surveillance mechanisms, advanced therapeutics, and new vaccines.
Battelle has vast experience delivering the right medical intervention at the right time to the right places.
Take advantage of Battelle's portfolio of long-proven and leading-edge chem-bio technologies, or leverage our operational expertise and advanced manufacturing capabilities for developing all-new chem-bio detection, protection and decontamination equipment.
Life-saving decisions rely on deep insights. Battelle is equipped to characterize, assess, model, predict and measure the full range of CBRNE threats to inform decision making when it matters most.
We identify, categorize and prepare for natural technological, and infectious disease events using customized risk assessments to provide hospitals and communities readiness and response plans to ensure public health.