The Power to Keep Peace
Full Spectrum Service at a Single Site
Battelle is a comprehensive source for lifecycle research and development for energetic formulations, munition and weapon testing, sustainment and demilitarization. We help organizations design, synthesize, formulate, prototype and test at a single site to streamline the process and minimize contractor involvement.
Battelle has built a world-class network of research, testing, and development facilities.
- Gram Scale Primary and Sensitive Explosives Laboratory
- 3 all-weather explosive test chambers (up to 50 lbs TNT NEW)
- Small Caliber Test Range (up to 40 mm)
- Explosive Melt-Cast and Cast-Cure Loading
- Flexible Explosive Press Facilities
- Ordnance Load, Assemble, Test (LAT)/First Article Test (FAT) Facilities
How We Help
- Customized and special needs energetic materials development
- Performance characterization of energetic materials and warheads
- IHC and Qualification testing of new energetic materials
- Formulation and characterization of new explosive materials, from gram-scale to arena tests
- Rapid prototyping of solutions to meet emerging needs
- Chemical process development for energetic materials (including synthesis, coatings, and formulation)
- Turn material science into polymers for binders, plasticizers and coatings
- Advanced measurement tools, including photon Doppler velocimetry (PDV), high-speed video, thin-film pressure gauges, UV/VIS, IR and Raman spectroscopy, DSC/TGA and electron microscopy
Battelle's vertical integration approach to hypersonics reduces development lead times while maintaining the highest levels of security, and our ability to work in ITAR-protected environments makes us a global leader.
Take advantage of Battelle's portfolio of long-proven and leading-edge chem-bio technologies, or leverage our operational expertise and advanced manufacturing capabilities for developing all-new chem-bio detection, protection and decontamination equipment.
Fully customize the mechanical, electrical, undercarriage, interior and external features to gain crucial mission advantages. Choose from an array of vehicle types for convenient, worldwide servicing.
Battelle helps government clients gain rapid tactical advantage with cyber solutions that combine hardware and software vulnerability research, reverse engineering capabilities, and radio-frequency engineering. Our expertise ensures operator success on the electronic battlefield across all domains.