Technical Program Overview
The Final Program is now available.
The technical program will begin on Monday evening, April 15, with the Plenary Session, "Groundwater Contamination: Past, Present, and Future" presented by Dr. John A. Cherry, Ph.D., PE, FRSC (Director of the University Consortium for Field-Focused Groundwater Research, University of Guelph). His address will examine the record of groundwater contamination and remediation over past decades, consider what has been accomplished and not accomplished and provide a proposal for the path into the future.
More than 470 platforms and posters will be presented in 48 breakout sessions Tuesday through Thursday.
The breakout sessions and panels are organized into the following thematic tracks:
- Characterization and Remediation of PFAS (Sessions A1-A7)
- Green and Sustainable Remediation (GSR) (Sessions A8-A10)
- Bioremediation Implementation Practices (Sessions B1-B8)
- Application of Bioremediation to Complex Sites (Sessions C1-C4)
- Biodegradation of Emerging Contaminants (Sessions (C5-C7)
- Sustainable Site Management Strategies (Sessions C8-C10)
- Innovations in Bioremediation Technologies (Sessions D1-D6)
- Evaluating and Mitigating Vapor Intrusion (Sessions D7-D9)
- Advanced Tools for Assessing Bioremediation (Sessions E1-E7)
- Managing Petroleum Hydrocarbon-Impacted Sites (Sessions E8-E11)
The following panel discussions will be presented:
- How Are We Going to Effectively Manage PFAS Risks and Liability?
- Green and Sustainable Remediation: The Why and How of Establishing a Corporate Program
- What Does a Successful Risk Communication Strategy for PFAS Sites Look Like?
- Remediation Geology: Geology’s Role in Successful Remediation
2019 Symposium Program Committee
- Andrew Barton (Battelle)
- Rick Wice (Battelle)
Technical Steering Committee
- Stewart Abrams (Langan)
- Les Clarke, PMP (Battelle)
- Stephanie Fiorenza, Ph.D. (BP)
- Arun Gavaskar (NAVFAC)
- Frank Loeffler, Ph.D. (University of Tennessee)
- Andy Martin (USACE, ERDC)
- Carlos Pachon (U.S. EPA)
- Heather Rectanus, Ph.D., PE (Geosyntec Consultants)
- Charles Schaefer, Ph.D. (CDM Smith)
- Russell Sirabian PE, PMP, LEED Green Associate (Battelle)
- David Woodward (Wood, Plc.)