The technical program will be conducted Monday through Thursday, April 9-12, 2018, with platform session breakouts and panel discussions during the day and poster receptions on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Short Courses will be conducted all day on Sunday, April 8, and Tuesday afternoon, April 10.
The program will consist of 9 concurrent technical tracks and more than 1,100 platform and poster presentations in 80 breakout sessions, as well as seven panel discussions.
The sessions and panels are organized according to the following major topics:
- Emerging Contaminants: Sessions A1-A10
- Remediation Technologies: Sessions B1-B9
- Remediation Technology Developments: Sessions C1-C10
- Assessing Remediation Effectiveness: Sessions D1-D6
- Green and Sustainable Remediation: Sessions D7-D9
- Fractured Rock: Sessions E1-E3
- Addressing Challenging Site Conditions: Sessions E4-E10
- Petroleum and Heavy Hydrocarbon Site Strategies: Sessions F1-F8
- Vapor Intrusion: Sessions G1-G4
- Technology Transfer and Stakeholder Communications: Sessions G5-G7
- Metals: Sessions G8-G10
- Characterization, Fate, and Transport: Sessions H1-H6
- International Environmental Remediation Markets: Sessions I1-I3
- Advanced Diagnostic Tools: Sessions I4-I9
The technical program will include the following seven panel discussions:
- Per-and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Precursors: Is It Too Early or Too Late to Worry About Them?
- Building a Remedy with the End in Mind: Advances in Adaptive Management for Efficient Cleanup of Complex Sites
- Natural Source Zone Depletion (NSZD): Treatment Train Engine or Caboose?
- Accelerating the Use of Innovative Technologies: What is the Role of Pilot Testing, Demonstration, Verification, and Certification?
- How Can We Improve Groundwater Transport Modeling?
- Enough is Enough: When Do You Have Enough Data?
- International Perspectives on Management Approaches for PFAS
- Wendy Condit, PE (Battelle)
- Ramona Darlington, Ph.D. (Battelle)
- Dora Chiang, Ph.D., PE (AECOM)
- Kira Lynch (U.S. EPA, Region 10)
- Shaily Mahendra, Ph.D. (UCLA)
- Victor Medina, Ph.D. (U.S. Army Engineer Research & Development Center)
- Ravi Naidu (CRC CARE)
- Anthony Nelson (NAVFAC EXWC)
- Charles Newell, Ph.D., PE (GSI Environmental)
- Bill Newman (RNAS Remediation Products)
- Heather Rectanus, Ph.D., PE (Battelle)
- David Reynolds, Ph.D., PE (Geosyntec Consultants)
- David Tsao, Ph.D. (BP Corporation North America, Inc.)