NOTICE! The 2021 Sediments Conference has been postponed until January 24-27, 2022. The rescheduled event will be held in Nashville, Tennessee, at the OMNI Nashville.
The Conference Office thanks you for your patience and understanding as Battelle explored all available options for the 2021 Conference that would be in the best interest of the health and safety of all attendees.
Technical Program. We do not anticipate major changes to the technical program and a revised Call for Abstracts will not be published, however, the abstract, Learning Lab, and Short Course portals will be reopened for new submissions. Opportunity will be given to update or withdraw previously submitted abstracts.
The technical program will be developed through a multilevel review by the Program Committee and the session chairs.
The platform and poster sessions will be organized around the following major themes:
- Characterization, Assessment, and Monitoring
- Environmental Processes and Modeling
- Management Approaches and Policy
- Remediation and Restoration Planning
- Remedy and Restoration Implementation
See the tentative Technical Program Scope for a list of tentative topic areas. This is not a list of sessions, nor is it a comprehensive list of topics. Abstracts are welcome on all relevant topics.
2021 Program Committee
- Lisa Lefkovitz, PMP (Battelle)
- Pam Rodgers (Battelle)
Technical Steering Committee
- Katherine Cronin (Deltares)
- Anne Fitzpatrick, LHG (Geosyntec Consultants)
- Steve Garbaciak (Foth)
- Eliza M. Kaltenberg, PhD (Battelle)
- David W. Moore, PhD (USACE ERDC, Center For Emerging Contaminants)
- Steven Nadeau (Sediment Management Work Group/Honigman LLP)
- Philip Nenninger, LG (U.S. Navy)
- Karl Rockne (NSF/University of Illinois)
- Michael Sivak (EPA Region 2)
- Philip Spadaro (TIG Environmental)
- Andrew A. Timmis (J.F. Brennan Company, Inc.)
- James Wands, PE (HDR)
- Patricia White, PG (Jacobs)