COLUMBUS, OH., 29 April, 2011-- Innovative products, services and solutions to deliver clean energy solutions, advance science and address health and national security issues will be honored in Columbus tonight at the Franklin Park Conservatory.
Staff members from the world’s largest R&D organization were recognized for their technical achievements, community involvement, leadership, collaboration, delivery and operational excellence in addressing the problems plaguing our world.
A sampling of the outstanding achievements honored include :
- A team that spearheaded and advanced the rapidly growing technology area of biomedical imaging in collaboration with The Wright Center for Innovation and the Ohio State University Medical Center.
- An individual recognized for making a positive community impact through involvement in Charlotte, VA, promoting science technology, engineering and math-related (STEM) education opportunities.
- A young emerging scientist who had an idea that saved a government client $18 million dollars.
- A team of environmental scientists and researchers who used their expertise to assist in the response to the Gulf oil spill.
- A team of researchers and technicians who devised an innovative way to help protect military troops from Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
As the world’s largest independent research and development organization, Battelle provides innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing needs through its four global businesses: Laboratory Management; National Security; Health and Life Sciences; and Energy, Environment and Material Sciences. It advances scientific discovery and application by conducting $6.2 billion in global R&D annually through contract research, laboratory management and technology commercialization.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Battelle oversees 22,000 employees in more than 130 locations worldwide, including eight national laboratories for which Battelle has a significant management role on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the United Kingdom.
Battelle also is one of the nation’s leading charitable trusts focusing on societal and economic impact and actively supporting and promoting science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education.
For more information contact Katy Delaney at (614) 424-7208 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or T.R. Massey at (614) 424-5544 or email@example.com.