DroneDefender™ zaps drones out of the sky, Non-Standard Commercial Vehicles plow through rugged terrain and HeatCoat™ melts ice from aircraft
TAMPA, Fla., (May 19, 2016)—The anti-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) device that is capturing the world’s attention—DroneDefender—will be on display at Battelle’s booth (#2128) along with other technologies at the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference, May 23-26 in Tampa.
Drones have been identified as a threat that may become as ubiquitous as IEDs in a recent report from the Center for New American Security. The report called “Uncertain Ground: Emerging Challenges in Land Warfare,” written by former Army Ranger Paul Scharre, says the drone proliferation could create a new, low-level realm where domination of the skies will be a must.
The DroneDefender and other Battelle technologies detailed below, can be seen at Booth # 2128.
- DroneDefender is the first man-portable, accurate and easy-to-use system to provide critical security protection against small UAS devices. The Battelle DroneDefender uses radio control frequency disruption to safely stop drones in the air before they can pose a threat to military or civilian safety. It is an inexpensive, lightweight point-and-shoot system with a demonstrated range of 400 meters. Click here to see a simulation of it in action. The technology is restricted to use by federal authorities under a strict permitting process*, but sales are taking off with nearly 100 units sold to the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Non-Standard Commercial Vehicle (NSCV) is a customized armored specialized vehicle Battelle has been supplying to SOCOM for several years. On display will be the Land Cruiser 79 Series demonstrator vehicle which has been updated with new features that improve protection, performance and durability.
- HeatCoat is an in-flight aircraft ice protection system based on resistive heating coating. It uses a high-conductivity, carbon nanotube heating coating that conforms to the existing skin of the aircraft and uses intelligent sensors and controls to reduce ice accumulation. Its small size, weight and power envelope are unmatched in the industry and mean more mission payload, range and persistence. It has demonstrated a Technology Readiness Level 6.
- HorizonVue™ M360 Video System uses a deep-water version of Battelle’s unique 360-degree cameras and interactive viewing software that provides never-before available situational awareness allowing undersea operators to continuously monitor complex operating environments. The HorizonVue M360 single camera system, which is depth-rated to 4,500 meters, allows operators to capture the same view that would normally require multiple regular cameras. It also gives the user a virtual pan and tilt capability involving no moving parts, with real-time multicasting and post-event playback capabilities. Battelle has demonstrated similar 360-degree camera technology for other applications, including UUVs and UAVs.
- SeeTrack software technology from SeeByte, a Battelle company, provides clients in the maritime sector with the most advanced software solutions to enhance the capabilities of their underwater sensors, vehicles and systems. It’s the leading technology used by Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Clearance Divers around the world to achieve success in managing off-board assets during dangerous and demanding missions.
Every day, the people of Battelle apply science and technology to solving what matters most. At major technology centers and national laboratories around the world, Battelle conducts research and development, designs and manufactures products, and delivers critical services for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio since its founding in 1929, Battelle serves the national security, health and life sciences, and energy and environmental industries. For more information, visit www.battelle.org.
For more information contact Katy Delaney at (614)424-7208 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact T.R. Massey at (614) 424-5544 or at email@example.com.
Disclaimer notice: This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased in the United States, other than to the United States government and its agencies, until authorization is obtained. Under current law, the DroneDefender may be used in the United States only by employees of the Federal government and its agencies, and use by others may be illegal. Due to Federal regulations, the highlighted video is a simulation of the Battelle DroneDefender™ system. It has, though, been successfully tested in Federal government-conducted field trials.