We are leading the way in development of new methods and proprietary software and technologies for fast, efficient genotyping of individuals and rapid identification of microorganisms. We developed and applied new methods for quickly and efficiently genotyping individuals directly from shortread sequencer data and were among the first to publish methods for short tandem repeat (STR) genotyping in humans. Along with collaborators, we also developed methods to rapidly and accurately identify microorganisms using modest computing resources.
We have developed advanced methods for:
- Determination of human identity, kinship, phenotype and ancestral origin in national security scenarios
- Accurate microbe identification and metagenomics analysis for environmental bioremediation resolution
- Bioinformatics analysis and database design
- Characterization of human genome sequences for personalized medicine applications
- Pathogen strain attribution for hospital acquired infections and environmental outbreaks
How We Do It
Battelle delivers sequencing results when and where they're needed: in the field, and in minutes, not days or weeks. Whether predicting the physical appearance of a suspect from DNA evidence or assigning attribution by tracing a pathogen to its origin, we deliver fast, accurate answers to the questions that matter most.