The 4,500-square-foot Battelle
Our user lab features:
- Five rooms configured to test everything from hardware and software to full-scale interiors for office and home environments.
- Private intake rooms and a medical exam table for clinical consultations (for studies that have a medical device focus).
- Available remote access for software usability testing, which opens up recruiting to long distance and international participants.
Take a Virtual Tour
Our uLAB enables the development of safe, effective medical devices by prioritizing the user. We can execute full-service user research, from study design to data analysis and reporting, to ensure you get the best data from even the most complex requirements.
Our Battelle uLAB Research Services
- Full-service turnkey user research, including protocol development, participant recruiting and payment, data collection, analysis and reporting
- Formative and validation usability studies conducted according to the FDA guidelines for medical device development
- Software usability testing and mobile testing with remote access for long distance and international participants
- Professional study participant recruiting
- Internal Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Our Research Services
- Protocol Development
- Contextual Inquiry/User Research
- Co-Development and Participatory Research
- Ergonomic Measurement
- Focus Groups
- Formative and Validation Testing
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Human Performance Testing
- Risk Management/Safety Testing
- Simulated Environmental Testing
- Regulatory Compliance
- Data Collection, Statistical Analysis
- Rapid Prototyping and Simulation