Working for Battelle
Every day, Battelle employees are called on to solve the toughest challenges, from security and healthcare to energy and the environment. Our founding mission is the same as it was 85 years ago – to bring those solutions to market and invest our profits for a greater purpose. It’s who we are. It’s what inspires us in all that we do.
When you join Battelle, you’re joining a team of committed professionals whose excellence is driven by Gordon Battelle’s founding vision and the core values that support it:
Accountability. We are responsible for our decisions and actions.
Agility. We execute swiftly to deliver valuable solutions to our clients.
Courage. We manage risks and do what is right, even in the face of personal or professional adversity.
Integrity. We employ the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty and fairness in every decision and action.
Respect and Trust. We treat each other with dignity and equality to create a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
As a world-class science and technology organization, Battelle values teamwork and interdisciplinary collaboration as a path to insight and excellence in our work. In addition, founder Gordon Battelle’s legacy lives on in our reputation as a caring employer, compassionate neighbor and conscientious community leader.
At Battelle, we have created a culture of excellence that benefits our employees, communities and environment. This plays out not just in our daily work and our commitment to furthering science and technology, but through our volunteerism and giving.
At Battelle you can expect to:
- Work side-by-side with intelligent people who are passionate about delivering excellence in science and technology through an unwavering commitment to integrity and innovation.
- Do inspiring work that solves some of the world's toughest challenges, with both government agencies and highly respected global commercial businesses.
- Balance your professional and personal life to ensure success inside and outside of work.
- Thrive in an organization that is strategically positioned for future growth and provides opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Be a part of an organization fully committed to volunteerism, that invests in and provides our expertise to philanthropic causes and education.
- Be recognized and rewarded for high performance through competitive compensation and benefit programs as well as meaningful employee recognition programs.
Rewards & Recognition
Battelle recognizes employees for their contributions through a variety of methods, such as service awards and peer recognition, the Battelle Distinguished Inventor program, and our annual Patentee Banquet and Achievement Awards.
In alignment with Gordon Battelle's vision, we believe that continual personal and professional growth is critical to our future success. We invest in staff development, which yields huge dividends for our business. We also know that personal growth is rewarded with pride, confidence and increased passion for the work we do.
Tuition Reimbursement. Are you looking to add to your formal education? This program provides reimbursement of tuition and certain fees to qualified candidates pursuing course work applicable to their job responsibilities.
Mentoring. You’ll have the opportunity to seek out a mentor or raise your hand to become a mentor for staff seeking development.
We maintain a vibrant program to support our staff as they donate time, expertise and energy in the neighborhoods where they live and work. Whether it’s arts and culture, education, community health or other outreach, Team Battelle projects are volunteer-driven programs and activities that meet community needs and capitalize on staff interests.