Filter Newsroom By:
Feb 26, 2024 HealthFor eco-conscious consumers of personal medical devices, recycling options are limited. Some companies are trying to change that.View News Article
Feb 27, 2024 National Security
Battelle Hosted Spring Training Camp for the U.S. Cyber Team to Help Train the Next Generation of Cyber ExpertsThe U.S. Cyber Games Season III team joined Battelle cyber experts at a spring training event in preparation for the International Cybersecurity Championship set to take place later thi...
Jan 17, 2024 National Security
Battelle RavenStar™ Antenna Technology Achieves Telecommunications Industry First at Famed VT-ARC Testing SiteBattelle RavenStar™ antenna technology successfully demonstrated ultra-wideband capabilities at the Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation’s (VT-ARC) 5G/XG field test site near Blac...
Dec 13, 2023 Health
Battelle Brings Specialized Engineering Capabilities and Clinical Study Expertise to Collaboration with Spark Biomedical on Department of Defense $1.15 Million GrantBattelle and Spark Biomedical, Inc. are collaborating on the development of a non-invasive device to tackle the harmful effects of Acute Stress Reactions (ASR).
Dec 12, 2023 EnvironmentBattelle and its spinoff company Revive Environmental have been chosen to participate in the United States Department of Defense (DoD) new cohort of prototype projects to demonstra...
Inside Battelle Blogs
Our Areas of Expertise
- Battelle’s historical inventions have included contributions to the Xerox copy machine, cruise control, the compact disc and bar codes.
- Battelle plays a crucial role in the U.S. chemical demilitarization program which aims to eliminate the world’s chemical weapon stockpile.
- Battelle has invested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education for years, including the founding of Metro Early College High School with the Ohio State University. Battelle Education, a non-profit venture, helps communities build STEM-focused schools, trains teachers and administrators and provides grants for STEM organizations.
- Battelle is the largest, private, non-profit research and development organization in the world.
- Battelle has helped develop vaccines and therapeutics for infectious disease threats and helped create improved neonatal respiratory treatments.
- Battelle builds unique armored vehicles and other specialized tactical equipment for military troops.
- Battelle began managing national laboratories for the Department of Energy (DOE) in 1965 and now has a role in managing eight DOE labs and one for the Department of Homeland Security.
Battelle’s Senior Leadership Team governs the organization, and the Board of Directors serve as stewards of founder Gordon Battelle’s vision. Our leaders come from diverse educational and business backgrounds, bringing together an unmatched level of expertise to our daily operations.
Visit our youtube page
Who We Are:
The Battelle Story
Battelle is the largest independent nonprofit research and development institute in the world. We support a diverse spectrum of clients, from small start-up companies to multinational corporations and government agencies.
Battelle operates in a fast-paced environment to figure out the world’s most difficult scientific challenges. Our partners trust us to provide independent and advanced solutions that transform our world for the better. With 90 years of innovations and counting, we’re committed to problem-solve for the future. ,
Sign Up for Battelle Updates