Assessment and Monitoring
Insights for Action
Solving for a Changing World
When you need accurate, objective answers for air quality questions, count on Battelle. We provide comprehensive technical support and subject matter expertise for your air quality needs.
Complex sediment management challenges require complex answers. Battelle has the expertise you need to develop a strategic sediment management plan to fit your needs.
At Battelle, we understand how fragile the marine and coastal environment is. We can help safe guard these environments and solve your most complex marine and coastal challenges.
National Ecological Observatory Network
Battelle has proudly managed the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) program for the National Science Foundation (NSF) since 2016.
NEON is the largest ecological observatory network in the U.S., with 81 field sites spanning the country from Puerto Rico to Alaska to Hawaii. The program collects ecological data for 30 years from terrestrial and aquatic field sites in 20 North American ecoclimate domains, creating an open access data trove for the ecology community of unprecedented scope and scale.
The NEON program provides:
- Free, long-term, continental-scale environmental data through the NEON Data Portal
- Access to biological, genomic and geological samples collected at NEON sites through the NEON Biorepository
- Infrastructure to support additional research activities (available through the NEON Assignable Assets program)
- Open access educational tools to help researchers and students work with large sets of ecological data
Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment Expertise
We guide our clients through risk assessment development to final remediation goals.
- Soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, outdoor air, vapor intrusion and food products (fruits, vegetables, animal products, fish)
- Freshwater, estuarine, wetland and terrestrial habitats
- Chemicals of concern found at current or legacy military sites (e.g., PCBs, dioxins/furans, PAHs, VOC solvents, TPH and TPH fractions, MEC, pesticides, heavy metals, radionuclides)
- Emerging contaminants (e.g., PFAS)
Scott LibbyEnvironmental ScientistScott has been involved in marine environmental monitoring and data interpretations since 1987. His research emphasis is on the biogeochemical cycles of nutrients and the effect chemical changes have on pelagic and benthic communities.
Lisa LefkovitzProject ManagerLisa is an environmental chemist with more than 20 years of experience in the design and management of chemical and biological evaluations of sediments and dredged materials, as well as the fate and transport of organic and inorganic contaminants in the environment.
Join the Battelle Talent Community
Technology Commercialization and Licensing
With over 90 years of research and development experience, Battelle supports all areas of industry with intellectual property focused on supply chain assurance including non-destructive, rapid inspection technologies, and full range of risk mitigation solutions.