Bridging the Natural and Scientific Worlds
Our Areas of Expertise
- National Security
- Assessment and Monitoring
- CBRNE Defense
- Chemical and Biological Threats
- Climate Resilience
- Emerging Threats
- Lifestyle and Entertainment
- Medical Technologies
- Medical Technology
- Mission Solutions
- Public Health
- Research Management and Operations
- Air Quality Solutions
- Aquatic Environment Solutions
- Armored and Unarmored Commercial Vehicles
- Aviation Security
- Biological, Energetics and Chemical RDT&E
- Biosecurity and Pandemic Preparedness
- Carbon Management Solutions
- Carbon Storage Services
- Chemical Agent Countermeasures
- Chemical Demilitarization
- Circular Plastic Solutions
- Crop Protection Solutions
- Environmental Health Research
- Formulation Development
- Healthcare Quality
- Innovative Regulatory Support
- Medical Surveillance, Diagnostics, and Intervention
- Multi-Threat Product Solutions
- Payload Developments
- PFAS Assessment and Mitigation
- Precision Agriculture
- Precision Public Health
- Rail Safety
- Rare Earth Elements
- Readiness and Training
- Research Infrastructure Solutions
- Sediment Management
- Technology Commercialization and Licensing
- Threat Awareness
- Transformative Solutions
Our Insights in Chemistry
Kavitha Dasu, Ph.D.ChemistKavitha leads innovative analytical research in per and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) to solve highly complex environmental problems, including new method development efforts.
Darren GrafhamAgricultural Services ManagerDarren leads the Crop Protection Division in the United States and United Kingdom, managing a team of experts with cross-disciplinary agrochemical experience.
Eliza Kaltenberg, Ph.D.ChemistEliza specializes in environmental assessment, the use and development of passive sampling methods, contaminant partitioning and bioavailability, development of methods for measuring sediment-water-benthos interactions, and nutrient retention in sediments.
Tim Lane, Ph.D.Chemical EngineerAs Principal Research Scientist, Tim uses his vast expertise in aerosol physics modeling and laboratory and field-based measurements to evaluate the transport and fate of aerosol particles. He focuses on extending aerosol studies from Department of Defense applications to new clients, including those in the oil and gas and agricultural industries. Tim is proficient in aerosol measurement and generation equipment including optical particle counters and gravimetric mass instruments.
Stephanie Buehler, Ph.D.ChemistStephanie has more than 15 years of experience in areas of analytical and environmental chemistry, as well as human exposure assessment focused on the analysis of toxic semi-volatile and volatile organic pollutants and related compounds including PFAS.
Jon ThornLaboratory DirectorJon is responsible for operations of sample preparation and analytical laboratories, including Battelle’s PFAS-accredited lab. He also focuses on research and development to ensure the sample preparation lab continues to produce high quality data using the most up-to-date techniques.
Technology Commercialization and Licensing
With over 90 years of research and development experience, Battelle supports all areas of industry with intellectual property licensing focused built on a solid foundation of scientific and engineering innovation and customer success.