2019 Bioremediation Symposium
April 15-18, 2019 | Baltimore, Maryland
The Fifth International Symposium on Bioremediation and Sustainable Environmental Technologies will be held April 15-18, 2019, in Baltimore, Maryland, at the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor.
The Final Program is now available.
The Bioremediation Symposium is a forum for sharing research results, practical experiences, and opportunities associated with advances in bioremediation and green and sustainable practices in remediation. The development, implementation, use, and results of advanced tools for assessment and monitoring, as well as the challenges of applying bioremediation at various types of complex sites, are also examined. Several sessions will focus on treatment technologies for emerging contaminants, including per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
2019 Event Highlights
Monday, April 15
- Three Short Courses
- Plenary Session, "Groundwater Contamination: Past, Present, and Future," with John A. Cherry, Ph.D., PE, FRSC (Director of the University Consortium for Field-Focused Groundwater Research, University of Guelph).
Tuesday, April 16-Thursday, April 18
- More than 470 platform and posters will be presented in 5 technical tracks and 48 specialized sessions
- 56 Exhibitors from organizations active in environmental assessment, remediation, and management
- NEW: 10 Learning Lab demonstrations will be featured in the Exhibit Hall that highlight specific technologies, tools, and software
- Multiple daily networking opportunities including, breakfasts, beverage breaks, and two poster receptions
Situated in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, the Hilton is conveniently located within a few minutes’ walk to Camden Yards,
home of the Baltimore Orioles, M&T Stadium, home of the Baltimore Ravens, the Maryland Science Center, the National Aquarium,
historic ships, and many restaurants, museums, and shops. This beautiful city is full of historic significance and features a wide-variety of tours and attractions to choose from. Famous for its delectable seafood fare, specifically Maryland blue crab, a visit to one of the local Chesapeake restaurants
or to one of the hundreds of other unique options is sure to satisfy even the die-hard foodie. Baltimore has a thriving pub-culture that is home to many artisan-crafted brews,
with many local breweries offering daily tours.