Fraudulent Purchase Orders
Please be aware that individuals have issued fraudulent solicitations and purchase orders, which they claim are from Battelle. While Battelle cannot prevent this illegal activity, we are actively working with law enforcement to investigate this fraudulent activity.
Below are some common traits of this fraudulent communication that may help your company identify this scam:
- The email message is poorly written with misspellings and awkward sentence structure.
- The sender's email address is not authentic to Battelle's email address, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Authentic emails from Battelle will look similar to email@example.com.
- The message includes a website link that is not authentic to Battelle.
- The message request shipment or delivery of products to a non-Battelle address.
- The message may include an attachment that is designed to look like a purchase order or a logo, other graphic or signature that may look legitimate.
If you do not recognize the Battelle contact name on the solicitation or purchase order you've received or if you've never done business with Battelle and have received a solicitation or purchase order, please contact Battelle at 614-424-7937 or forward
the email to our Procurement department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While Battelle understands is a challenging situation for suppliers, it cannot be held liable for unauthorized or fraudulent activities purporting to be from Battelle.