Filter Newsroom By:
May 27, 2021 HealthBattelle has been selected to manage the logistics of administering COVID-19 tests for millions of Americans in 16 states through the U.S. Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Midwest Expan...
May 26, 2021 Health
Battelle, The Ohio State University and Northwestern University Collaborate to Tackle COVID-19 Infodemic in Real TimeDamage from the COVID-19 pandemic has been amplified by the accompanying “infodemic” of false and misleading online information. To date, most efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19...
May 03, 2021 HealthBattelle announced today that it is launching a new company that will focus on the research and development of next generation therapies such as cell and gene therapies (CGT). AmplifyBi...
Mar 09, 2021 HealthBattelle recently has developed a microneutralization assay, which uses live SARS-CoV-2 virus to analyze the neutralizing response against the virus in human serum samples. The assay is...
Inside Battelle Blogs
Our Areas of Expertise
- Battelle’s historical inventions have included contributions to the Xerox copy machine, cruise control, the compact disc and bar codes.
- Battelle plays a crucial role in the U.S. chemical demilitarization program which aims to eliminate the world’s chemical weapon stockpile.
- Battelle has invested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education for years, including the founding of Metro Early College High School with the Ohio State University. Battelle Education, a non-profit venture, helps communities build STEM-focused schools, trains teachers and administrators and provides grants for STEM organizations.
- Battelle is the largest, private, non-profit research and development organization in the world.
- Battelle has helped develop vaccines and therapeutics for infectious disease threats and helped create improved neonatal respiratory treatments.
- Battelle builds unique armored vehicles and other specialized tactical equipment for military troops.
- Battelle began managing national laboratories for the Department of Energy (DOE) in 1965 and now has a role in managing eight DOE labs and one for the Department of Homeland Security.
Battelle’s Senior Leadership Team governs the organization, and the Board of Directors serve as stewards of founder Gordon Battelle’s vision. Our leaders come from diverse educational and business backgrounds, bringing together an unmatched level of expertise to our daily operations.
Visit our youtube page
Who We Are:
The Battelle Story
Battelle is the largest independent nonprofit research and development institute in the world. We support a diverse spectrum of clients, from small start-up companies to multinational corporations and government agencies.
Battelle operates in a fast-paced environment to figure out the world’s most difficult scientific challenges. Our partners trust us to provide independent and advanced solutions that transform our world for the better. With 90 years of innovations and counting, we’re committed to problem-solve for the future. ,