Filter Newsroom By:
Feb 20, 2023 IndustryFrom the smartphone in your pocket to magnets powering a growing number of electric vehicles on the road, rare earth elements are the foundational components for some of the most commonly used technologies today.View News Article
Nov 15, 2022 InfrastructureView News Article
Aug 20, 2022 InfrastructureView News Article
Jul 05, 2022 InfrastructureView News Article
Oct 19, 2021 IndustryView News Article
Sep 22, 2023 Infrastructure
Battelle awarded $416 million from the U.S. National Science Foundation to operate the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON)The U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) announced a highly competitive five-year award to Battelle for the continued operations and maintenance of the National Ecological Observatory...
Jul 11, 2023 Environment
Battelle and Chugach Dynamic Solutions Form U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Mentor-Protégé Joint VentureBattelle will join Chugach Dynamic Solutions, LLC an Alaska Native Corporation, in a mentor-protégé venture drawing on the strengths of both organizations to provide superior support to...
Jan 19, 2023 Industry
U.S. Department of Energy encourages Southeast Hydrogen Hub to submit full application for federal fundingThe Southeast Hydrogen Hub coalition today announced it is among the limited number of organizations encouraged by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to submit a full application in re...
Jan 12, 2023 Industry
Appalachian Regional Clean Hydrogen Hub Encouraged to Submit a Full Application For The Department of Energy Hydrogen Hub FundingThe Appalachian Regional Clean Hydrogen Hub (ARCH2) team has been notified by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) that it has been e...
Inside Battelle Blogs
Our Areas of Expertise
- Battelle’s historical inventions have included contributions to the Xerox copy machine, cruise control, the compact disc and bar codes.
- Battelle plays a crucial role in the U.S. chemical demilitarization program which aims to eliminate the world’s chemical weapon stockpile.
- Battelle has invested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education for years, including the founding of Metro Early College High School with the Ohio State University. Battelle Education, a non-profit venture, helps communities build STEM-focused schools, trains teachers and administrators and provides grants for STEM organizations.
- Battelle is the largest, private, non-profit research and development organization in the world.
- Battelle has helped develop vaccines and therapeutics for infectious disease threats and helped create improved neonatal respiratory treatments.
- Battelle builds unique armored vehicles and other specialized tactical equipment for military troops.
- Battelle began managing national laboratories for the Department of Energy (DOE) in 1965 and now has a role in managing eight DOE labs and one for the Department of Homeland Security.
Battelle’s Senior Leadership Team governs the organization, and the Board of Directors serve as stewards of founder Gordon Battelle’s vision. Our leaders come from diverse educational and business backgrounds, bringing together an unmatched level of expertise to our daily operations.
Visit our youtube page
Who We Are:
The Battelle Story
Battelle is the largest independent nonprofit research and development institute in the world. We support a diverse spectrum of clients, from small start-up companies to multinational corporations and government agencies.
Battelle operates in a fast-paced environment to figure out the world’s most difficult scientific challenges. Our partners trust us to provide independent and advanced solutions that transform our world for the better. With 90 years of innovations and counting, we’re committed to problem-solve for the future. ,
Sign Up for Battelle Updates