Filter Newsroom By:
Oct 19, 2021 IndustryApproximately $20 million was awarded to four regional carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) projects by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) last week to reduce CO2 emissions from industrial sources and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.View News Article
Jun 16, 2021 EnvironmentView News Article
Jun 15, 2021 Environment
Battelle-led Team Successfully Completes Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partnership CCUS ResearchBattelle and its team of partners have successfully concluded the carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) research associated with the Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partn...
May 25, 2021 Environment
Battelle and Catahoula Resources Forge Partnership to Accelerate Carbon Capture, Utilization and StorageBattelle and Catahoula Resources (“Catahoula”) will jointly develop solutions for the capture, transport and sequestration of carbon dioxide produced at ethanol facilities in Nebraska.
Feb 11, 2021 Environment
Department of Energy Authorizes Battelle Savannah River Alliance to Begin Transition to Manage Savannah River National LaboratoryThe Battelle Savannah River Alliance (BRSA) team has received a Notice to Proceed with Transition after it was selected by the Department of Energy in December to manage one of the coun...
Dec 22, 2020 Environment
Department of Energy selects Battelle Savannah River Alliance for $3.8 billion contract to manage Savannah River National LaboratoryThe Battelle Savannah River Alliance (BRSA) Team was selected by the Department of Energy to manage one of the country’s premier environmental, energy, and national security research fa...
Inside Battelle Blogs
Our Areas of Expertise
- Battelle’s historical inventions have included contributions to the Xerox copy machine, cruise control, the compact disc and bar codes.
- Battelle plays a crucial role in the U.S. chemical demilitarization program which aims to eliminate the world’s chemical weapon stockpile.
- Battelle has invested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education for years, including the founding of Metro Early College High School with the Ohio State University. Battelle Education, a non-profit venture, helps communities build STEM-focused schools, trains teachers and administrators and provides grants for STEM organizations.
- Battelle is the largest, private, non-profit research and development organization in the world.
- Battelle has helped develop vaccines and therapeutics for infectious disease threats and helped create improved neonatal respiratory treatments.
- Battelle builds unique armored vehicles and other specialized tactical equipment for military troops.
- Battelle began managing national laboratories for the Department of Energy (DOE) in 1965 and now has a role in managing eight DOE labs and one for the Department of Homeland Security.
Battelle’s Senior Leadership Team governs the organization, and the Board of Directors serve as stewards of founder Gordon Battelle’s vision. Our leaders come from diverse educational and business backgrounds, bringing together an unmatched level of expertise to our daily operations.
Visit our youtube page
Who We Are:
The Battelle Story
Battelle is the largest independent nonprofit research and development institute in the world. We support a diverse spectrum of clients, from small start-up companies to multinational corporations and government agencies.
Battelle operates in a fast-paced environment to figure out the world’s most difficult scientific challenges. Our partners trust us to provide independent and advanced solutions that transform our world for the better. With 90 years of innovations and counting, we’re committed to problem-solve for the future. ,