Analytical Lab Services
When you need accurate, defensible data, trust Battelle. We do more than routine analytical testing – we solve problems. We offer a full range of analytical services to help government clients make effective decisions for exploration, productions, resource allocation, source attribution and environmental stewardship.
Battelle helps government clients mitigate risks associated with an accidental release, develop regulatory requirements and enhance operations using deep expertise in chemical analysis.
Looking for objective answers for environmental monitoring and response?
Our services include:
When you need to know exactly where hydrocarbon contaminants have originated, we can help. Battelle’s team of experienced hydrocarbon chemists offers rapid response, accurate analysis and an integrated analytical and statistical approach to hydrocarbon forensics. Traditional testing methods do not target all of the analytes needed for accurate hydrocarbon source identification. Our methods go beyond minimum requirements to enhance detection limits, reduce false positives and negatives, and provide better data for more accurate source attribution.
Our unique laboratory and research facilities employ advanced biomarker and other high resolution analysis and chemometric capabilities to detect and identify petroleum hydrocarbons in sensitive environments and track their dispersion, transformation and ultimate fate. We conduct sophisticated analysis to support advanced hydrocarbon composition analysis, toxicology studies, water accommodated fraction/chemically enhanced water accommodated fraction (WAF/CEWAF) studies, ecological risk assessment, fingerprinting and source attribution.
- Rapid, independent response for time-sensitive investigations
- Accurate product identification (fingerprinting) to determine source(s) and relative contribution
- Reliable data for assessment of environmental impact, legal responsibility and liability issues
- Analysis of biodegradation and environmental impact for more efficient spill response
- Saturated Hydrocarbons
- Total Petroleum
- Alkylated Leads
- Petroleum Biomarkers
- Cyclic terpanes
- Mono and Tri aromatic steranes
- Dispersants components (DOSS)
- Oxygenates and other additives
Effective remediation and site characterization requires accurate information. Battelle offers a full range of analytical services to help monitor environmental impact, develop regulatory and permitting requirements and make confident decisions. Our experienced teams apply advanced analytical methods, including LC/MS/MS, GCxGC, TOF and other instrumentation to address routine studies and unique challenges. We provide objective data with low-level method detection limits (MDLs) and rigorous method quality objectives (MQOs).
We offer advanced biological analysis for toxicology, exposure and biological impact studies, along with effective solutions for soil, sediment and groundwater remediation. From data collection to remediation selection, we can help you every step of the way.
Our services include:
- Environmental Monitoring and Compliance: Get precise, accurate data about hydrocarbons, Persistent Environmental Pollutants (POPs) and other contaminants, and prioritize actions for regulatory compliance.
- New Method Development: If the right method doesn’t exist, we can develop one for you. Our chemists are highly experienced in developing and validating novel methods that expand the range of potential analytes and matrices. We have helped to develop methods that are still in use today by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and other federal agencies.
- Human health and ecological risk assessment
- Environmental baseline studies
- Environmental assessment and monitoring
- Prioritization of actions for reducing pollutants
- Method development
- Performance/technology validation and verification
- Data and report preparation
- Level IV litigation quality, validation packages
Our experienced scientists help to look beyond the numbers to extract meaningful information from the data. Whether investigating a potential accidental release, helping develop new requirements, or simply monitoring ongoing activities, we provide defensible data and clear explanations.