Filter Newsroom By:
Nov 21, 2023 Environment
DoD’s Environmental Security Technology Certification Program and DIU Partner to Advance Remediation of PFAS at U.S. Defense InstallationsThe Department of Defense (DoD) has launched a cohort of prototype projects to demonstrate treatment technologies for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substance (PFAS)-impacted media.View News Article
Jul 25, 2023 EnvironmentView News Article
Jul 21, 2023 EnvironmentView News Article
Jul 12, 2023 EnvironmentView News Article
Dec 12, 2023 EnvironmentBattelle and its spinoff company Revive Environmental have been chosen to participate in the United States Department of Defense (DoD) new cohort of prototype projects to demonstra...
Oct 26, 2023 EnvironmentBattelle, a world leader in solutions to combat the proliferation of the contaminant known as per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), has bolstered its staff with the addition of not...
Oct 24, 2023 Environment
The Wilson Center to Partner with Battelle at Third Annual Climate Resilience Conference in Washington D.C.The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars will join Battelle as a policy partner for the third annual Innovations in Climate Innovations in Climate Resilience ConferenceResil...
Oct 11, 2023 EnvironmentFor the third consecutive year, Battelle will convene experts from government, private industry and academia in person to share technology breakthroughs and action plans to address the ...
Inside Battelle Blogs
Our Areas of Expertise
- Battelle’s historical inventions have included contributions to the Xerox copy machine, cruise control, the compact disc and bar codes.
- Battelle plays a crucial role in the U.S. chemical demilitarization program which aims to eliminate the world’s chemical weapon stockpile.
- Battelle has invested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education for years, including the founding of Metro Early College High School with the Ohio State University. Battelle Education, a non-profit venture, helps communities build STEM-focused schools, trains teachers and administrators and provides grants for STEM organizations.
- Battelle is the largest, private, non-profit research and development organization in the world.
- Battelle has helped develop vaccines and therapeutics for infectious disease threats and helped create improved neonatal respiratory treatments.
- Battelle builds unique armored vehicles and other specialized tactical equipment for military troops.
- Battelle began managing national laboratories for the Department of Energy (DOE) in 1965 and now has a role in managing eight DOE labs and one for the Department of Homeland Security.
Battelle’s Senior Leadership Team governs the organization, and the Board of Directors serve as stewards of founder Gordon Battelle’s vision. Our leaders come from diverse educational and business backgrounds, bringing together an unmatched level of expertise to our daily operations.
Visit our youtube page
Who We Are:
The Battelle Story
Battelle is the largest independent nonprofit research and development institute in the world. We support a diverse spectrum of clients, from small start-up companies to multinational corporations and government agencies.
Battelle operates in a fast-paced environment to figure out the world’s most difficult scientific challenges. Our partners trust us to provide independent and advanced solutions that transform our world for the better. With 90 years of innovations and counting, we’re committed to problem-solve for the future. ,
Sign Up for Battelle Updates