Filter Newsroom By:
Dec 08, 2021 EnvironmentThe Michigan official charged with coordinating the state's PFAS response called Tuesday for more federal support and research to help enable better decision-making by states to protect groundwater and the food supply.View News Article
Dec 03, 2021 EnvironmentView News Article
Jun 16, 2021 EnvironmentView News Article
Nov 17, 2021 Environment
Battelle, National Laboratories Convene Nation’s Experts to Accelerate Solutions at Conference on Innovations in Climate Resilience
The Conference on Innovations in Climate Resilience, presented by Battelle in collaboration with the Department of Energy’s (DOE) national laboratories, will host the natio...
Jun 15, 2021 Environment
Battelle-led Team Successfully Completes Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partnership CCUS ResearchBattelle and its team of partners have successfully concluded the carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) research associated with the Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partn...
May 25, 2021 Environment
Battelle and Catahoula Resources Forge Partnership to Accelerate Carbon Capture, Utilization and StorageBattelle and Catahoula Resources (“Catahoula”) will jointly develop solutions for the capture, transport and sequestration of carbon dioxide produced at ethanol facilities in Nebraska.
Feb 18, 2021 Environment
Cascade and Battelle Collaborate to Apply Patented Environmental Remediation Technology for Recalcitrant ContaminantsBattelle, the world’s largest independent private R&D organization, announced today that it is in discussions to provide Cascade Environmental with a patented process (International...
Inside Battelle Blogs
Our Areas of Expertise
- Battelle’s historical inventions have included contributions to the Xerox copy machine, cruise control, the compact disc and bar codes.
- Battelle plays a crucial role in the U.S. chemical demilitarization program which aims to eliminate the world’s chemical weapon stockpile.
- Battelle has invested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education for years, including the founding of Metro Early College High School with the Ohio State University. Battelle Education, a non-profit venture, helps communities build STEM-focused schools, trains teachers and administrators and provides grants for STEM organizations.
- Battelle is the largest, private, non-profit research and development organization in the world.
- Battelle has helped develop vaccines and therapeutics for infectious disease threats and helped create improved neonatal respiratory treatments.
- Battelle builds unique armored vehicles and other specialized tactical equipment for military troops.
- Battelle began managing national laboratories for the Department of Energy (DOE) in 1965 and now has a role in managing eight DOE labs and one for the Department of Homeland Security.
Battelle’s Senior Leadership Team governs the organization, and the Board of Directors serve as stewards of founder Gordon Battelle’s vision. Our leaders come from diverse educational and business backgrounds, bringing together an unmatched level of expertise to our daily operations.
Visit our youtube page
Who We Are:
The Battelle Story
Battelle is the largest independent nonprofit research and development institute in the world. We support a diverse spectrum of clients, from small start-up companies to multinational corporations and government agencies.
Battelle operates in a fast-paced environment to figure out the world’s most difficult scientific challenges. Our partners trust us to provide independent and advanced solutions that transform our world for the better. With 90 years of innovations and counting, we’re committed to problem-solve for the future. ,