Battelle has developed innovative techniques to improve and significantly extend shelf-life, field efficacy and ease of application for a wide range of microbes for crop-based protectants or biostimulants. We bring together deep experience in agrichemical formulation, advanced materials polymer chemists and world-class biology expertise honed in the pharmaceutical and biodefense industries to find practical solutions for your bioformulation challenges.
Battelle’s depth of expertise in the sciences has positioned our team as a viable solution to developing a stable shelf or on-seed formulation for your microbes. You can rely on Battelle’s integrated approach to research, development and regulatory compliance to help you solve this challenge.
Our bioproduction experts can work with you from bench-scale testing to pilot production so you can move smoothly to commercial manufacturing.
Battelle is accelerating bioformulation development.
Contact us today to learn more.
Our services include:
Microbial Formulation Development
- In vitro feasibility studies
- Formulation amendment selection and screening
- Formulation optimization for the microbes of interest
- Novel controlled-release encapsulation techniques
- On-seed testing
- Desiccation tolerance testing
- Storage stability testing
Production & Processing
- Batch preparation
- Scale-up and process transfer (small scale ~150 liters)
- Production optimization
- Drying optimization
- Seed treatment formulation development of the microbes with synthetic actives (insecticides, fungicides)
- Study design and support for global registration including EU and EPA
- Gap analysis
- Dossier preparation and submission
- Expert advice for dossier defense
Battelle’s bioformulation expertise and experience will enhance the shelf-life stability and on-seed stability of your microbes.