2019 Sediments Conference
February 11-14, 2019 | New Orleans, Louisiana
The Tenth International Conference on Remediation and Management of Contaminated Sediments will be held February 11-14, 2019, in New Orleans, Louisiana, at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside.
The 2019 Final Program is now available.
The Sediments Conference series is a forum for sharing research results, practical experiences, and opportunities associated with investigating, remediating, and restoring the environmental and economic vitality of waterways. Managing these aquatic systems requires complex actions that affect a diverse group of stakeholders and touch a wide range of environmental, economic, political and social issues.
2019 Conference Highlights
Monday, February 11
- 8 Short Courses
- Plenary Session, "Healing Earth: Searching for an Ecological Design Science and Practice," with Dr. John Todd (John Todd Ecological Design)
- Welcome Reception
Tuesday, February 12-Thursday, February 14
- More than 500 platform and posters will be presented in 43 technical sessions
- 80 Exhibitors from organizations active in environmental assessment, remediation, and management
- NEW: 12 Learning Lab demonstrations will be featured in the Exhibit Hall that highlight specific technologies, tools, and software
- Multiple daily networking opportunities including, breakfasts, beverage breaks, and two poster receptions
- Closing discussion, "2019 Conference Recap: Takeaways and What’s Next?"
Situated on the bank of the Mississippi River at 2 Poydras Street, the contemporary and award-winning Hilton is conveniently located in the revitalized Arts District.
It is within easy walking distance to the French Quarter and Jackson Square. It is home to world-famous
Dragos Seafood Restaurant and a wealth of other eateries, from gourmet to traditional Cajun, can be found in the surrounding area. In your free time, shop The Outlet Connection that is connected to the hotel, visit the nearby Audubon Nature Institute that features an aquarium, butterfly garden, and zoo, or tour one of the area’s many museums.
The Ninth Sediments Conference (New Orleans, January 2017) was attended by nearly 1,200 scientists, engineers, regulators, remediation site owners, and other environmental professionals, representing universities, government agencies, consultants, and
R&D and service firms from over 20 countries.
The technical scope for the 2019 Sediments Conference will provide updates and additions to topics covered by the 2017 Conference and reflect emerging issues and initiatives in sediments
remediation and management.
Contact us today for more information.